This is just a record of the fanfics I love in this period of time. After re-reading, I find that my feelings towards different stories have changed.
1. Pet Project by Caeria
This is the fic I love the best. In most fics that I've read, I can recall one or two favourite moments, but for Pet Project, I can name a lot of them! The plot is wonderful and has lots of subplots which are important to the entire story, important in defeating Voldemort. Note that this story was started before the release of Half-blood Prince, hence some of the settings are AU (eg. Snape is pureblood), but still the characterization is still marvelous. What I love most is Hermione's attitude when being pushed away by Severus: you can hurt me but you cannot scare me away. Feel that for yourself in this quote,"I know you, Severus Snape. You can't scare me, you can't shock me, and you can't make me not care for you. That thing on your arm has twisted you and your Magic. But you've risen above it. You are a better man than you give yourself credit for being." (Ch. 42 ...and Two Steps Back) I was in tears when I came across this quote.
Both Voldemort and Ron are also given more brain cells than the canon. I truly appreciate this. Dumbledore is still manipulative but his last words to Severus in this story reduced me to tears again. Although, the Harry portrayed in this story is certainly irritating, quite like what I feel towards him in the fifth book.
Pet Project is my all-time favourite! A fic that you should not miss.
Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2290003/1/Pet-Project
2. Post Tenebras, Lux (After Darkness, Light) by Loten
As a post-Voldemort story, this is the most realistic one I've read. If Snape had not died, and ignoring that stupid epilogue, this is exactly what I think would happen afterwards. Also, Loten's characterization is forever great, reading this story is like reading a case study of the character Severus Snape, probably even more accurate than Rowling. (Well I always think that Rowling hate Snape...antihero indeed, WTF! And what is that rubbish of "out of spite Snape placed the sword of Gryffindor into the lake"?!!!) One flaw is that the author loves to use dialogue to directly tell us of Snape's thoughts, when I'd rather think that would only be shown indirectly. However I can be convinced if you say this is a part of therapy for Snape. Another flaw is that Minerva is too much of a bitch...
Um...but sadly, not too much action is in the story. This story is more of a wound-healing one, with a slow development of SSHG. I had trouble in getting through the first ten something chapter...but anyways this is beautifully written.
Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6578435/1/Post_Tenebras_Lux
3. Second Life by Lariope
This is certainly a very well-known and high rated fic. This is one forced marriage story I love best. As a matter of fact I don't really like the idea of Marriage Law or forced marriage which is really common in SSHG fics. But this story is an exception, cause it is too beautifully written with strong feels.
The only one thing that I'm still not convinced is the necessity of marriage between Severus and Hermione. The author has addressed this problem, but still I'm not too convinced. Despite this point, the slow built trust and eventually romance and love is so beautifully portrayed that I don't wanna stop reading. The change inflicted by each other, like how Hermione became tough and strong, Severus from wanting death to fear of losing his life; the comfort they brought on each other during the darkest times...urgh, I don't have better words to describe how much I love these.
The moments I love best is when Severus laughed and eventually sobbed after the seven Harry incident and how he prepared his farewell to Hermione. The tragic sense is too strong that I can't help but cry.
Accurately and beautifully written. (I certainly have no more words for it...)
Link: http://ashwinder.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?sid=17863
4. Care Of Magical Creatures by Miamadwyn
Yet another classic. Yet another marriage law story. The setting is the most interesting one I've ever seen. The family background of both Hermione and Severus is changed, though it is just finding a way around the canon. I quite like this setting, especially that with Severus, adding struggles to his life.
This is nicely written. However the romance is still a bit too quick for me, and mission is no longer a priority compared to the love between them. Although I find the desperate Severus towards the end of the story quite enjoyable, I would rather he hadn't act this way.
I love how Voldemort was portrayed in this story. I can see a leader with enough charisma to build a dark dynasty within the story. This is much more convincing why he had so many loyal followers.
There are mentions of Lily in the story, although I don't see any significance...the author can simply skip that, I think.
Link: http://ashwinder.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?sid=16930
5. There, Where I Can Never Find You by shefa
Post Hogwarts. Hermione and Severus were married before the beginning of the story.
I made a very big mistake of playing "My Heart Will Go On" while reading, so I was crying like mad. But anyways the feelings generated by the story are so strong and powerful.
Severus' history is too much of a burden. Even though he tried to move on, the past came back and haunted him. I love this background setting.
The Hermione portrayed in this story is perfect as well, I love how desperate she was in searching her husband. I love how she slowly approached Severus when he suffered from memory loss. I love how she yelled at Severus when he said he pushed her away to save her.
In conclusion I love this story XD Just remember don't repeat my mistake or else you'd better prepare your tissues!
Link: http://sshg-exchange.livejournal.com/223109.html
沒有留言:
張貼留言